1. Loving others- I really want to love others more and myself less. Whether it is a friend in need of a card or note when they have something going on, or the custodian at the church that deserves a hello and someone taking the time to stop and find out a little bit more about them. Christ calls us to love above all else, and I think that means thinking less about myself and how I feel and what I have going on and focusing more on others.
2. Healthy living- Is this on every one's list?? I need to make a conscious effort to work out, make wiser choices, and take care of my body. I know I would look and feel better.
3. Finances- Dave and I are starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University in a couple of weeks, and I know it will be great for us. I am not one that usually gets fired up about setting budgets and I certainly don't get fired up about sticking to them! ha! But I am really praying about my attitude and my interest. We are simply stewards of what God has given us, and I am praying that FPU would be really beneficial for us.
4. Being a better wife, friend, daughter- I think this goes hand in hand with #1, but I don't want any of my friends or family to not know how much I love and appreciate them. I am so lucky to have such amazing support and I want them to know that.
5. Grow in my relationship with Christ- For me this is taking the time to learn about God. I praise Him and I love Him, but i don't always spend time in the Bible learning more about Him and the desires He has for my life. If I earnestly do that, I think #'s 1-4 will come naturally....
Thank you, thank you, thank you for reading this silly little blog. I started writing it because a few friends encouraged me to do so. It was mostly for telling stories for my friends and family and now I am having so much fun reading your comments and getting to know some of you through the Internet!! Who would have thought. So THANK YOU for reading about my life and my friends. It truly means so much to me and is so much fun when I hear from you. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 2010!!