Friday, January 22, 2010

Fabulous Find Friday!

It's always amazing how styles and trends come back around. I am PRAYING that Doc Marten sandals stay a thing of my 7th-9th grade past and that I never experiment with Brighton belts again, but who knows what my amazingly bright future may hold. I have to say, nothing says 10th grade like Brighton.

I digress....I'm growing my hair out again. Not for any reason other than a change. I do this often. I grow it out....I get tired of the time it takes to fix it and then I cut it. I really like my hair short. I have pretty much always worn my hair short, but occasionally I let it grow for a "new me". My hair is just above my shoulders and I have been experimenting with the headband trend. What do you guys think of headbands??? My sister gave me a really, really cute headband for Christmas from J-Crew that is black with a skinny, sweet bow. And I got this darling headband for $3.80 at Forever 21. Look at all of the other cute hair accessories they have for super cheap...You can't go wrong!

So in my quest for fun headbands of course I hit up ETSY! I am so pleasantly surprised with what I found! I love, love, love these headbands and necklace. I think they are so classy and girly, and they would be the perfect compliment to a classic black dress or to glam up jeans and a turtleneck.

I would probably pair any of the above with my new favorite shoes that I got on SUPER sale last week at Steve Madden...


Today over at Kelly's Korner everyone is sharing their favorite shopping spots...online or in store. I really shop in a lot of different stores, but a few of my favorites would be Macy's and Nordstrom shoes and staple items, White House Black Market for jeans (they fit me well and I ALWAYS buy them on sale for cheap!!), Anthropologie for lotion, bubble bath, candles...anything I want to smell good. I just think everything in the entire store is darling, but I refuse to pay full price, so I have to wait until it hits the sale rack. :)

I have a very simple and classic style. I wear a lot of solid colors and I love shoes, handbags, necklaces, etc to add a little spice to my life. And if any of you know my mother...you know animal print is always allowed...actually, encouraged!

"I want to get these shoes. They're on sale! I think I would wear them all the time." ~ Me

"Of course you would! Leopard is a neutral." ~My mother

15 comments:

Melissa's Thoughts said...

love the shoes...shoes are my favorite. :)

melissa said...

The leopard flats are adorable & you will wear them all the time! I found the cutest pair by Calvin Klein on sale at Bloomingdales but they didn't have my size. So I bought them for my mom. I'll have to look for the Steve Maddens because I need a pair!

Jill said...

That quote from your mom is a CLASSIC and so very, very true.

Alissa said...

Super cute finds. I love the animal print shoes and I'm a sucker for a cute headband.

Liz said...

I love headbands SO MUCH. Always have. And these are adorbs. I did notice your shoes last night but I didn't realize they were new! They are def your new wardrobe staple.

Annie said...

those shoes are adorable!!
my mom loves animal print as well! ;)

Virginia Belle said...

I am so happy you commented on my blog because it led me to your fabulous blog which I am now following:) Love the shoes, so cute! I also want that necklace and need to hit up ETSY asap!

Andrea said...

Your blog is so cute. Love your style! :)

Lindsey said...

I absolutely love your style. You need to help me go shopping! I will have to check out those head bands on esty. Love them!

jess said...

thanks for mentioning my shop! glad you like it... and you must have good taste because my leopard flats ($9 at target, mind you) are definitely a staple in my wardrobe- your mom is a smart woman!

kristin fulghum said...

man i love etsy. cute stuff!

Tracy: said...

YES! Cute Shoes!

Jill said...

Love the shoes and I love your mom's quote. Very funny! I LOVE the headbands you found on Etsy, so cute!

Gay (allie's mom) said...

I love accessories and head bands are really cute. I totally agree with your mother. I am a mother of girls your age and I would totally say that too. Take a pic of yourself in the headbands so we can see how cute you look. Good luck with growing your hair out. I've found that my hair ONLY grows when I don't want it to.

Perfectly Jenn said...

I'm giving away a little sumthin'-sumthin' on my blog, come see me!