Monday, January 18, 2010

I Brought My A Game...

Dear January 18th-22nd,

I own you! You think you talk a pretty big game with your crazy schedule, busy nights, can't miss TV and taunting me with a need to work out. I can see how it could be overwhelming...you know, only 24 hours in a day and all. But I think I'm one step ahead of you. I will not cower to the calendar.

Don't you worry that I spent 3 hours yesterday making my meals for the week. You didn't know who you were dealing with did you? You think you're so tough Financial Peace University, Bible Study, The Bachelor, The Biggest Loser, working out...but I'm one step ahead of you. I've got chicken enchilada casserole, lasagna, and soup sitting pretty in my refrigerator just waiting to be warmed up each night. And don't even think that I didn't make a second lasagna to freeze so I can master the first week of February too. I'll see your challenge and I'll raise you my sanity! I've got you right where I want you.

See you Saturday,
Tiffany

I really did cook all of that yesterday when we got home from church. I felt really good about it because I didn't have to count those 3 hours spent watching the Cowboys as a total loss since I came out of it with meals for the week. This is the first time I've ever done this and I'm actually pretty pumped about it. This Spring is going to be really crazy with Dave's classes starting again, us starting Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University, Bible Studies, etc. It seems that every night we have something. But I don't want us to get into the habit of eating out every night or me feeling the need to try to throw something together last minute and not enjoying any of my time at home. So, we'll see how it all works out!

Do any of you cook once a week for your entire week? How does that work out for you?

14 comments:

allison said...

Hahaha! Love it! I totally do this too, but only with a few dishes. I usually make soup or spaghetti sauce, etc. and then freeze it for whenever. It works out well!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

great job! i wish i could suck it up and cook all my meals...but i suffer and do it one day at a time. I do shred all my chicken though in a big container...so that makes the meals quick and easy during the week!

kristin fulghum said...

nice work! i'm so impressed. i wish i did this.

Kelsey Claire said...

I have always thought about doing this, but never have. Let us know how it works out in the end!

Jessica said...

what a great idea!! Now you should find the time to share the recipes! :)

Anonymous said...

what a great idea! I have never done this.. but I should try it sometime!

Annie said...

Wow!! good for you!! I need to take this as some advice!!....it must feel SO great to not have to worry about this each night of the week (I would NOT know from experience) :)

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

Ive never done a bunch of cooking at once like that but I can totally see how it would be an amazing time saver!

keely said...

oh my gosh, I have a new goal to live up to! I'm just trying to get back on track after B to getting all my meals PLANNED and SHOPPED for in one trip! Which, let's be honest, I wasn't great at for any extended period of time!

jayme said...

you have an award awaiting for youuuu on my blog!!!! xxoo

katie newton said...

you are so far ahead of me its not even funny.

currently I'm trying to remember if I brushed my teeth today, not to mention what we're having for dinner! :)

The Pink Chick said...

I have always wanted to try making my meals ahead of time, but I have never organized myself enough to do it! Way to go!

Mrs. Lukie said...

LOVE that you're enrolled in FPU! We paid off our debt using the TMMO plan (completely debt free as of 12/4/09!!) and will be enrolling in FPU classes to begin here in the next few months. Cannot wait!

Jami Nato said...

you are funny.

also, i'm a huge dave ramsey fan.

those 2 things basically mean we should be friends. i'm just saying.

(i'm a friend of kristin fulghum...not a wierdo)