Wednesday, January 6, 2010

1095 Days...

1095 days ago I literally woke up with a smile on my face knowing what the day had in store. I knew I was going to feel like a princess, I knew I was going to see all of my friends and family in one place, I knew I was going to have the privilege of my daddy walking me down the aisle, I knew I was going to get to eat some awesome cake, I had a feeling I was going to dance to a little J Timberlake, I knew I was going to dance to Beat It, I knew I would cry at some point, I knew I would be thankful beyond measure that my family had given me the most beautiful wedding I could ever imagine, I knew I would feel so honored to have my friends and family standing by my side when I made a lifelong commitment to Dave, and I knew I was going to marry the love of my life...all in 12 short hours.

I spent the day getting my hair and makeup done...and laughing and crying...and re-doing my hair! ha! It's funny now, but it didn't seem so funny then. :) I had waited for that day for my entire life, and January 6, 2007 had finally arrived. I remember thinking it was so funny that I was starting my primping at 10am and Dave was probably on hole #4! His golf game was going to be followed by burgers and fries...we had fruit, cheese, a darn good Diet Coke and finger sandwiches. Guys have it so easy!

My mom and sister looked so beautiful! And when I walked into the sanctuary and saw all of the candles lit for the first time I was overcome with emotion. It was gorgeous and my mom, sister and Coleen had worked so hard and had done it all for me. We did the picture thing for a while and then I went into holding waiting for Dave and the guys to take their pictures. My family gathered around me just before the ceremony and they lifted Dave and I up to the Lord and prayed over us and our marriage. It was the most beautiful way I could think of starting the evening.

I went downstairs so I could hear the beginning of the ceremony and tears filled my eyes when the call to worship began with the Loj's grandmother playing "We are Standing on Holy Ground" on the piano. I watched my best friends walk down the aisle to stand by my side and then it was my turn.

My dad and I had a few sweet moments before he walked me down the aisle. When the doors opened it was a shock to my system. I remember just seeing people and I could see Dave at the end of the aisle but I couldn't really make out his face immediately. That walk was so wonderful, yet I don't remember very much about it! I cried through the entire ceremony and Dave was so calm and collected. He was so genuine and sweet and I'll never forget the look in his eyes as he promised to love me, cherish me and honor me 'til death parts us.

After the ceremony we headed out for the reception. We had an amazing time and it's just one of those days that I will always cherish. I'm not sure there is ever a moment like that where everyone that matters to you will be in one place at one time. I'm grateful.

1095 days ago I got a new last name. I am so proud that I took the name of a man that loves the Lord, that loves me even when I'm not so loveable, that puts others first, and who is so darn good looking! He is so selfless and he is SO honest. It amazes me that he is so content. He is happy and content with who he is, what he has, and where he's going. He brings out the best in me but he loves me in spite of my many faults. He encourages me and he prays for me.

1095 days ago I walked down the aisle belonging to my daddy and I walked back up the aisle belonging to David.

Dave, thank you for making the last 3 years amazing. I prayed for you and the Lord answered my prayers. You are more than I ever hoped for. I look forward to growing old with you! I love you!

I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine ~ Song of Solomon 6:3

23 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

geez...thanks for making me cry! happy anniversary.

Perpetual Prep said...

You certainly brought tears to my eyes :) Love your story :) GORGEOUS BRIDE!!!!! Have a great day!
sHp

Mrs Gable said...

That was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. Have a wonderful anniversary!

Ginger said...

Happy Anniversary!! Beautiful post!!

Pink Lace and Cupcakes said...

This was too sweet:) Happy Anniversary!!

Annie said...

wow...what an awesome post!

Happy anniversary...you were SUCH a beautiful bride!!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary!! SO SWEET! Enjoy today!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! Have an amazing anniversary remembering your special day!

Unknown said...

Truely amazing Tif! Congrats!

Whitney and the Preppy Puppies said...

You looked beautiful! Happy Anniversary!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

How sweet- happy anniversary!

Southern Cinderella said...

So sweet! I think you had everyone reading this tear up! Thanks for sharing this sweet story and pictures! Happy Anniversary!

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary!! Isn't it amazing to look back and think how much you loved him then... and how much more you love him now? Congratulations on 3 happy years! Here's to many, many more!

SouthernBelleJM said...

Why thank you darlin! And, happy anniversary=)

Susan said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Anniversary to you too:)) Love your blog! My mom is also a breast cancer survivor!! God is good:))))

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

Congrats on your 3rd Anniversary! Isn't it amazing how fast time flys by?

Alissa said...

Aww this is just precious. I can't believe how fast time flies. My hubs and I are already almost to our 6 month mark and it feels like it was just yesterday that we became official.

Jill said...

Awww... sounds like a beautiful and perfect day. Your dress is amazing and I love the white wrap in the last photo.

Heather said...

Love it!! Happy Anniversary to you guys!!

Modern Camelot said...

So sweet...you were a beautiful bride! Happy Anniversary!

katie said...

Wow! What a gorgeous bride you were!

annalee said...

be-a-u-ti-ful. absoulutely beautiful.

Megan said...

Love all the pictures and I am IN LOVE with your dress!! You were so beautiful!!