Friday, January 8, 2010

Fabulous Find Friday!

Well, last night was a sad night for Longhorn fans. Colt McCoy has been an amazing leader on and off the field for 4 years at Texas and it was heartbreaking to see him suffer an injury that took him out of the game. The biggest game of his career and the last game of his career. But what a class act he was in his interview at the end of the game. If you didn't see the article I posted yesterday take a moment to read it. You'll be glad you did! Congratulations to the Longhorns on a great season!

Now for a few of my current favorite things...It's finally starting to feel like Winter in Texas and I am now ready for the Spring. :) I'm not a huge fan of cedar and it's safe to say cedar isn't a huge fan of me. It pretty much takes me down for a few weeks this time of year and spares no mercy. When I get home in the evenings I like to get into my comfy clothes and watch all of the mind numbing new TV shows. I'm a reality TV junkie, so new seasons of the Bachelor and the Biggest Loser bring me great excitement.

I've found my new drink of choice when I'm cuddled up on the couch watching such disasters as Channy saying dirty things to Jake in Cantonese and Vienna dressing her dog up in clothes and taking her for a "mother daughter mani/pedi". For the record, I have definitely put my dog in clothes, but we have never gone for a "mother/son" day. I wouldn't want to set a precedent. We have budgets to keep.

Back to the drink of choice...I'm enjoying this instant spiced apple cider on a pretty regular basis. It's sweet, but not too sweet, and it warms me up. I don't want to say it has completely replaced hot chocolate because I'm sure I'll go back to my old faithful, but for now it is a nice change! I just buy this at my local grocery store. I'm loving having my nails painted in "Otherwise Engaged" by OPI and my toenails painted in "No Spain no Gain" also by OPI. I always love, love, love the sheer/pinky colors on other people but I have such fair skin that I never thought it would look very good on me. I'm really liking Otherwise Engaged, but let me know if you have another color that I need to try!

And finally, my winter lounge wardrobe always consists of slippers and some form of a long sleeve shirt. We have tile floors throughout our kitchen and living room and windows everywhere in the downstairs, so the floors stay really cold. I think these slippers are so cute and they look really warm! And the night shirt and nighty are on clearance right now! TGIF friends! I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and stay warm!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I know how you're feeling about the cedar. When I lived in Hou I had no allergies but I think the cedar in SA gets to me.

Love your OPI nailpolish colors. I just bought a new bottle a Ulta. I think I'll do my nails tonight since it's soooo cold.

Lettered Cottage said...

So sad about what happened to Colt. :-(

Just found your blog- look forward to checking out your previous posts!

Layla :-)

Liz said...

I like to do a combo of OPI "Bubble Bath" with a coat of Essie "Sugar Daddy"... it's very sheer pink and I love it.

Southern Cinderella said...

Those slippers are so cute and look so comfy!

I think the interview Colt had at the end of the game was very good and well said!