Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's Get Together, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!


Did anyone else channel Hailey Mills from the Parent Trap when you read the blog title? Because when I decided to do this there was really no other blog title I could think of. I just kept coming back to, "Let's get together, yeah, yeah, yeah...We could have a swingin' ti-ime!"

I have e-mailed with a couple of bloggers in the Austin area and we have decided it would be fun to meet! We all read about each other's lives and I feel like we're all friends here but really, we don't know each other at all! So what do you think?

I was thinking possibly happy hour on a weeknight. We could go to a wine bar, go to a restaurant and do drinks and appetizers? Thoughts? Do we want to give ourselves a month to get this thing put together? Like Tuesday, February 26th?

It will be really fun to meet local bloggers, but we don't have to limit it to bloggers. Feel free to invite your other girlfriends so we can all get to know each other and make new friends! Let me know your thoughts...you in?

"I think we should...meet."
"We should meet! And we will meet! But right now I'm in the middle of a project that needs....tweaking." ~ You've Got Mail

13 comments:

Chopsticks and Pearls said...

I'm in!!! Can't wait!

Liz said...

yup.

Kate said...

I didn't even read your first sentence before I started singing the song. That's awesome! Y'all have fun!

kBw said...

I left you a little something on my blog :) I hope you are having a great day! xo

http://medicalschoolmrs.blogspot.com/

Perpetual Prep said...

I TOTALLY thought of the movie!! Love LOVE that one - I used to want to name a baby Haleigh :) ha ha ha

Wish I could meet up with y'all - too bad I'm in COLD VA!
Have a great day!
sHp

Sara McCarty said...

Super fun! Wish I was in the Austin area to hang with you all! Have a great time. And post pictures of the event!

Alissa said...

Your'e so funny I thought of the Parent Trap right away. If I lived close by I would be there, too bad I live too far. Take pics and let us know how it goes.

chelsea said...

Oh man, I would LOVE to visit Austin! After travelling to several parts of Texas with my Texan these past few years, I STILL haven't gotten there!!

Perfectly Jenn said...

per our emails, you know I'm for sure in!!
give me a time and place and I'll be there!

Vicki said...

Oh man...does this mean I'm going to have to catch up on blogging so I can join you??
xoxo,

Jessica said...

that would be so fun, too bad I am in the wrong city!

Kimberly said...

I'm in Tiffany, just let me know when and where!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

IN IN IN IN!!! Any nights but Mondays work for me!