Monday, January 4, 2010

Princess for a Day...

Sunday was my Mom's birthday and we took the opportunity to spoil her, celebrate her and shower her with gifts. It's certainly a far cry from her everyday life! *Dripping with sarcasm*

We had a good time together and in all seriousness, I count my blessings everyday that I get to celebrate my mom. I praise God that she is healthy and happy and celebrating 51! She decided that since we have virtually been eating since Thanksgiving she didn't want to go out to eat for her birthday. We made spaghetti, got an AMAZING red velvet cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory and had a fun dinner at home. Here are a few party pics...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you...

Happy birthday dear mo-om, happy birthday to YOU! And many more...

I'm not even joking you guys...this thing is called "Stephanie's red velvet cheesecake" from the Cheesecake Factory and it's pretty much the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!

Miss Maggie loves a good party. Some might call her a "party girl"!

Eye on the prize son. He knows the goods when he sees it! If you only knew how funny this picture really is! This whole situation makes me laugh. My Papa is NOT a dog person. To think Rookie got this close to him while he's EATING...Ha! Look how far my Papa is scooching over in his chair! My mom scolded me for taking a picture instead of shooing Rookie down.

Gotta love birthdays!! Guess whose is next?? :)

10 comments:

Jax said...

Aw this is super cute!! :) Love the photo of your papa scooting away..hah! :) And I have wanted to try that cheesecake for real!! Happy birthday to your mom, girlie! :)

Brittany said...

Love your photos!!! Loves like your mom had a wonderful birthday.

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's such a cute picture! :) Looks like you had a wonderful time with everyone!

Rachel said...

Oh my word... RED VELVET CHEESECAKE?! Why did I not know there was such a thing!?

Elizabeth said...

Love spoiling my MOM!! :-)

Annie said...

that looks like the most delicious red velvet dessert EVER...YUMMMMMMMMM.

Happy b-day to your mama!

Natasha said...

I've been dying to try that cheesecake since they came out with it!! Looks to die for, and those chalkboard wine glasses are AMAZING!!!

Kara said...

I've tried that cheesecake. To Die For!

Ashley said...

Love the wine glass! Where did you find it?! Also...I might have to take a special trip to the Cheesecake factory just for that cake!

Jill said...

Oh my gosh... the red velvet cheesecake look so good. I haven't been to the Cheesecake Factory in ages. YUM. Your Papa is so funny. My dad is the exact same way with dogs.