Friday, December 11, 2009

Boys are so gross!! Or lucky...depends on how you look at it!

My brother is home for about 3 months right now and he has been doing various things to pass the time. He wanted to see his buddies at Tulane so he went to New Orleans for about a week. He drove the 9 hours home yesterday, and he hit Houston right around 6pm dinner time. He didn't want to stop because he only had 3 hours left and he hated to pull off the highway and stop in Houston...which is just asking for traffic woes. My mom told him she had a lasagna at home and he could just call her when he was about 1.5 hours away and she would put it in the oven for him and it would be ready when he got home. Great plan! They are always thinkin' those two!

So fast forward to his arrival home...he walks in, the oven has 2 more minutes on it, mom is making him some toast, all is right with the world. I happened to be at my parent's house because Dave had his final so I went to dinner with mom and was hanging out until Dave would be home. I'm so glad I was there because the following event is something I had to see to believe....

Mom pulled the family size lasagna out of the oven and handed Taylor a knife and a spatula to get out his piece. He proceeded to put the ENTIRE lasagna on his plate!! And thought NOTHING of it!! I don't remember when I've laughed so hard...after we pointed out that it was THREE pounds of food and family size Taylor started to realize that it was an insane amount of food! How can boys do that??

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! thats crazy!
My friends hubby is that way too!
He always says he a growing boy.. at 29.. Im pretty sure he is done growing!
where does it all go??

Amy said...

Sounds about right!

I watched my cousin Brandon eat Oreos, a can of barbeque Pringles and Dr. Pepper for breakfast on the morning of Thanksgiving. Unreal.

Kate said...

That's hilarious! I think he probably has the metabolism to handle it, though :) More power to him! He's keeping America's pastime alive!

Taylor Rogers said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa... let me say I was road weary and delirious. I thought it was the single serving

Susannah said...

Ewww, that is heartburn waiting to happen, but you know we (women) all wish we could eat the crap out of a lasagna and not gain 23 pounds!

Elicia said...

Sounds like something Phil would do. And then be like "oh, you wanted some?" Although his mom encourages it. Anything little Phil wants, little Phil gets. ;)

Jessica said...

that's pretty funny....sounds like something my husband would do! :)

Chic Runner said...

Your brother and I would get along well. I have been known to eat that straight out of the pan! :) Don't tell anyone that.

52 Faces said...

Luckyyyyyy. Reminds me of high school when my body still knew what a metabolism was.

Your comment was great - darn it, now we HAVE to do the ugly sweaters. My bf will be so glad that the idea got internet approval.