Friday, May 1, 2009

Kiss the Cook...

Fabulous Find Friday is posted below, I just had to get in on this kitchen action! Kelly over at Kelly's Korner posted pictures of her lovely kitchen today and asked for others to do the same and share their kitchen with the blog world. I started looking at all of the fun pictures that people posted and remembered taking pictures when we first moved into our house. I decided I too should pay my respects to my kitchen that has probably been the most used room in our house. Since the living room is right off of the kitchen, we use this area the majority of the hours that we spend at home. Welcome!

The main event. I love the big island! It is great for food preparation, grocery bags, mail when I come in each day, decorations for holidays....it's a jack of all trades.

I also love the windows by my sink. There is a bush right outside this window that grows those pretty yellow flowers you see in my vase. Thank you, Spring!

I also enjoy the window in the nook over on the right. Rookie plays in the dirt right outside that window and I can see him being a turd while I'm in the kitchen. :)



Finally, this is our breakfast nook off the kitchen. It's an open room looking out onto the backyard.

Come on over!!

31 comments:

 The Morris Family said...

I love the window behind the sink area!!! Looks great!!
Cindy

Anna said...

Thanks for the tour...a beautiful kitchen you have!!

Sue said...

You have a beautiful kitchen....especially the HUGE island. I would love to have one like that!!
Blessings~LillySue

P.S. Click the "LillySue" link at Kelly's and come visit my kitchen!

J. Peterson said...

love you kitchen. Where did you get the dish towel holder?

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone! Mrs. JKPeterson, I got the dish towel holder at Hobby Lobby. They have a ton of iron holders.

Have a great day!
Tiffany

LuAnn said...

I love the window behind the sink and your curtains. Very nice. Thanks!

Sar(Mrs.Teddy) said...

great kitchen. I love the space behind your sink in the window area, what a nice littel decorative area. The wine rack above the ovens are great as well! thanks for sharing!

Lynette said...

I love the window behind the sink, a window like that is on my wish list for our kitchen redo some day!

Jessica said...

Fun pot rack!

Rachel said...

Your kitchen is very inviting!! Love it!! P.S. I read some of your recent posts... hilarious! I will be dropping back in!

Chic Runner said...

Found your blog through Kelly! SO CUTE! love your kitchen and style. I did the komen walk a while back too as well. It's great youwill rock it! :) Have a wonderful day and <3 it! :0

Tara G. said...

What a fantastic light fixture over the island!

Unknown said...

Very nice! I love your curtains *poof*!

The Pifer's said...

Hi sweetie, LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!!! I found your blog through a friend and I hope it's ok if I follow you!!!!

Tiffany
www.thepiferfamily.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Your kitchen is beautiful!! I love it all and the window area behind your sink! So cute!! Your curtains are so pretty!

Kelly said...

Your kitchen is REALLY pretty - I love those curtains!
Thanks for sharing!

Anna said...

I found your blog on Kelly's. Your kitchen is gorgeous!!

Kathleen said...

So beautiful. I love your kitchen. The cabinets are a great color. The island is great too.

Ashley said...

I love our towel holder!! and your curtains give me inspiration! Thank you for opening up your home.
-Ash-

Pam Bowers said...

I could hang out in your kitchen. Love the big shelf and window behind the sink. My plants would love that.

Jillian said...

What a beautifully decorated kitchen!! I am almost embarrassed by mine!! Oh well! One day I will have my dream kitchen

God Bless!!

Angie Seaman said...

Very pretty kitchen! Found you thru Kelly's blog. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings, Angie Seaman
www.angelicagracedesigns.com/blog/ (blog)
www.angelicagracedesigns.com (website)
www.angieseamanphotography.blogspot.com/ (photography blog)

Elizabeth said...

Your kitchen is beautiful!

shelby1232 said...

Thanks for sharing your kitchen, its simply beautiful! I love your window treatments.

Martha said...

I absolutely love your kitchen! I love every single detail! Just beautiful! :)
Martha

Jodi said...

Gorgeous kitchen - where did you get the curtains?

Unknown said...

I love your curtains. Where did you get them?

Joanne said...

Your kitchen is so homey...love the lighting. Thanks for the tour!

Unknown said...

Hi Tanya, You asked about my curtains....the fabric came from a local store called Cowgirls and Lace and the curtains were made. They actually go up and down so I can let them down for privacy if I like, but I leave them up most of the time because I like the light. Have a great day!

gaynell said...

You have a beautiful kitchen. What color did you use on the walls?

Jocelyn said...

Love your kitchen! I'm getting new counters and backsplash this week... can't wait!