Friday, April 9, 2010

Fabulous Find Friday!

Don't you worry about us here in Austin...we're just dying from pollen overload. And don't think I'm talking about myself. No, no. I'm talking about my high maintenance Yorkie who has "allergies" and has to get a cortisone shot every summer because of his grass allergies. Good thing we're having early onset from all of the pollen. I now have him on Claritin. My dog. Ay-yi-yi.

But if you think for one second that all of this pollen nonsense is going to keep me from enjoying the great outdoors and all it has to offer....you could be right. It's just brutal. So I'm looking forward. I'm looking beyond my now-yellow car, beyond my driveway covered in the oak tree droppings that stick to everything (including Rookie every.single.time. he goes out to go to the bathroom and then brings it in on my rugs...), to a better time. A time when people come over and eat and drink and laugh and sit outside for hours. I like those times. Here are a few of my current obsessions!
I just love this drink cart! Or "Rolling Party Bucket" as PB likes to put it.
These Talavera plates and platters are great! So colorful and fun.
I just love drink dispensers. I have met very few I didn't like. They even make ice water fun!
This is just a fun centerpiece I saw on Marthastewart.com. I love the use of the appetizer as the centerpiece.
Are you hosting a Derby Party? The Kentucky Derby is May 1st...I think Mint Juleps would be the perfect addition!
Check out this post I did last summer with fun (and some FREE) ideas for decorating and entertaining. Happy Friday, Friends!!

17 comments:

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Such cute stuff, I especially love the "rolling party!"

Anonymous said...

The plates are so fun and pretty! Have a great weekend!

kristin fulghum said...

i forgot about that horrible pollen. i wish you luck my friend.

Shelby Bukhenik said...

Very cute party hosting ideas!

Annie said...

the Rolling Party Bucket is awesome!! makes me want to arty just seeing it :)

Virginia Belle said...

Love it all! I'm especially obsessed with the drink cart. Such a great idea!

Katie and Justin Cox said...

Hi Tiffany! I'm so glad you stumbled onto my blog, because now I've found yours! You are so funny! I love it! AND you look SO familiar to me! I can't figure out why or where, but I know we must have "bumped" into each other before... maybe around town! Where do y'all live in RR? We live behind Ikea in Teravista. Actually, the field is right over near there behind the business park that is behind the Ikea shopping center. It is gorgeous! Thanks so much for the sweet words about my lil man... he's a mess! :) Excited to have a new blog friend... and one that lives in the Rock! :) Happy weekend!

Screen Door Prep said...

I thought about doing a Derby party. But then my husband's flaky friend canceled on coming in that weekend, & I felt like it was too late to start rethinking the entire thing. Maybe next year. Or maybe somebody else I know has a fabulous Derby party planned, & I just haven't gotten my invitation yet. =)

Hope the pollen gets out of your hair (literally) soon. It's coating us in Alabama, too!

jackie fo said...

I totally feel you, I was sick all last week from the pollen... my car is also greeny/yellow. Its SO gross.

In This Wonderful Life said...

love these finds and I LOVE me some mint juleps!!

Elicia said...

I have two of the C&B glass dispensers. Love those!

Heather said...

We are suffering from the pollen too! It's awful! Love your favorites too, they're so fun!

Sarah Mina said...

We are dying of pollen overload in Houston, too! That drink dispenser from c&b is soo cute! I love it for bbq's!

Alison said...

I love all of your finds!! Those plates are great!

I just found your blog and love it!

I hope you have a good day!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

This gets me SOOO excited for summer!!!!

Vanessa said...

Too cute! I LOVE drink dispensers! They make every drink fun!

Lindsey said...

I love all your finds!! I think they will really help with the Houston heat already! :)