Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Abundance of Mendenhalls and Cupcakes...

I come from a very small family. Not many aunts, uncles, cousins, nieces or nephews. Family Christmases are small and I have enough place settings to accommodate Thanksgiving dinner. Insert the in laws...Dave comes from a big family. His dad has 3 brothers, 2 sisters, and Dave has many, many cousins. He and his cousin Bailey are only months apart in age and grew up together. I think that is SO fun!

This weekend, we had the privilege of going to Arkansas to celebrate with Bailey as he got married. I probably drove everyone crazy playing paparazzi, but it's not often you can get all of the Mendenhall's in one room. Well, almost all...we were missing one family as one of Dave's Aunts couldn't make the trip, but for the most part, the whole gang was there. Here are a few (or a lot) of pictures from the weekend!
The happy couple at the rehearsal dinner
Another happy couple :) Me and my boo
How cool is this Wordle Lisa's mom made?
Dave and Kate with their cousin Bailey (the groom)
This is probably my favorite picture of the entire weekend. Dave's grandad with two of his grandsons. So sweet. Sy has the biggest smile on his face.
Dave and his grandad
And it's official! Mr. and Mrs. Mendenhall!
Edible centerpieces! They were SO good...I had two....
I thought the hot dog cart was such a cute idea!
The cake was darling! They love to travel. So creative!
Are they not the cutest?? They are brothers and best buds!
Me and Kate, my sister in law
I love (insert sarcasm) that my husband is egging on the CHILDREN to eat straight off the fruit tray...plates are so overrated...(His mom says he's my responsibility now.)
Don't worry that as we were taking this picture he burped....

THE END! :)

15 comments:

Emily said...

What a fun looking wedding! I LOVE wordle!!! I never thought of using it this way.... cute!

nicole said...

I love your makeup in these photos!

Suburban Princess said...

You look gorge!
What a fun wedding!

That's an awful lot of tattoos!

Liz said...

The burping pic is so awesome. And the one of y'all at the rehearsal dinner is SUCH a cute pic. I love that top/color on you.

And the cake and hot dog cart were adorable. Looks like a lot of fun! Now we must stop traveling on the weekend so we can have a New Moon watching fest. I will buy it.

katie newton said...

LOVE the burping pic... so classic. Boys are disgust. :) And loved looking at all the pics from the wedding... you looked beautiful! And that cake was quite impressive! lots of love!!

Virginia Belle said...

Looks like you had a great weekend and your pictures are amazing! I love your rehearsal dinner outfit!

Brittany said...

I love wedding weekends!!! Looks like an amazing time :)

Annie said...

ha...funny pics at the bottom!!
your dress is SO cute..you look wonderful!!
that hot dog cart idea is awesome!
the cake was SO cool...

Looks like a great weekend :)

KW said...

what a beautiful and fun wedding and fantastic pictures! looks like a GREAT time!!! :)

Salt said...

It looks like an awesome wedding. LOVE that cake! And the bride's tattoos are gorgeous!!

The Peek-A-Bootique said...

Haha, I love the burping pics...only because my husband would do the same thing!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

That cake is amazing!!!

Shelby Bukhenik said...

The wordle is SO cool!

Looks like a fun wedding!

Kim said...

That wedding looks like such a fun time!! Love their cake!

jackie fo said...

ha! loving the picture succession at the end. you guys are cute :) looks fun, and i totally agree - i LOVE big families. I am lucky enough to have quite a big family including 2 cousins that are my best friends! It's a blast :)