Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The dress....

So last night I was trying on some of my dresses because I will be attending a wedding this weekend and I realized that I have REALLY cute clothes that don't fit me anymore. I have lost about 4 pounds in the last few weeks, but that doesn't really make much of a dent (yet) because I have 20 more to go. It got me thinking about my "goal dress" and I decided to pull it out of the closet and get a good look at it. Since 20 pounds is a lot to lose, and the dress is a size 8 and I am currently a size 12 (do I get points for brutal honestly here people??), I decided to choose another dress that I love that is a size 10 and I will enjoy my progress in stages. :)
I have come to the conclusion that making myself crazy with my full weight-loss goal is overwhelming. I know in my head that I need to lose 20 more pounds, but it's a lot to think about it all at once. So for right now I have a 10 pound goal in mind and the closer I get to it the happier I become. Once I hit THAT goal I will set a new one. So, last night I took pictures of THE dresses. I have another wedding in mid August and I'm really hoping I will have some amazing party pics in that black number!

You guys need to keep me honest. I might pick one day every week or every 2 weeks to let you know about my progress. Not because I think you really care, but just because it's accountability for me. I've shown you my dresses and told you my goals.....so if you don't see me in these dresses in the next 6 or so months we might have to ask some tough questions. Or you might have to ask them and I might have to answer them! *Ps...these pictures do not do these dresses justice!

This is the size 8 dress. I wore this dress almost EXACTLY 2.5 years ago (3 days difference) to my wedding rehearsal.


This is the size 10 dress that is much cuter in person than it looks on this hanger! This is my baby steps dress....if I can wear this in the next 2 months I will be oh so happy!

Finally, and on another note...I have had an e-mail or 2 asking about my Komen 3 Day training. It is going really well! We are up to 6 and 7 miles on the weekends and that has been HOT! It's ranging around 103-105 here each day so my walks after work are pretty stinking hot. But I am SO excited about the 3 day and I'm so thrilled that it will also aid in my journey to get healthy. Don't forget to check out our training blog!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh I remember both of these! LOVE them - especially the one with the blue bow. So cute. I know you'll be in these dresses in no time! Especially if you keep up these long walks in this crazy heat, the pounds are bound to melt off!

Chic Runner said...

Those are both SO cute! Stick with it girl and you can totally rock both of them! Can't wait to see your progress :)

Angie said...

Go, Tiffany, GO!!! I have the dress with the blue bow in a different color (I think I even wore it to your wedding?). It is a great dress to get back into...you can do it!!! If you ever need a walking buddy, I'm always up for a walk (not run). :)

Breanna said...

Ahh...I can totally relate. About three years ago I lost a lot of weight (approx. 50lbs). In the last six months, with the stress of my wedding, moving across the country, job hunting, etc., I have gained back....well....too many. I am having SUCH a hard time getting motivated. I HATE to exercise and eating is just so much fun. If you ever want an accountability partner...let me know!

Nessa said...

Im rooting for you and cant wait to see you fit into both!! =)

kristin fulghum said...

you can do it! great idea to set short term goals. keep it up!

katie newton said...

I love the white dress with the blue bow... presh!!!!! And I also love that you are so dedicated to the Walk, and to your weight loss goal. You look great!!! That is really hard to do girlie, and you are doing awesome!!! I checked out your training blog and saw your mom's entry... she is so cute!!! We would totally be friends. :) lovelove!!!

Laura said...

You go girl! I know you can do it! LOVE both the dresses...but you know I think you look divine in any dress...any size! ;) I proud of you and this Walk is great timing! It will be double motivation! You lose 20 lbs ... and I am on my way to gaining 25-30 (per doctor). UGh! I'll be there in about 7 months asking for motivation to take it off..and you can be my inspiration! Love ya!