Monday, February 16, 2009

Birthday Boy...

So Saturday was Jake's birthday. Who is Jake, you ask? Jake is my mom and dad's dog. He turned one. Mom threw him a party. You just threw up a bit in your mouth.

Yes, Jake turned one and he did so in style. Rookie was over for the evening because Dave and I hosted dinner club. Little did we know Rookie was going to a party complete with candles, balloons, party hats and party favors! You see, our dogs are part of the family. I love Rookie, Maggie and Jake more than I could explain to you. They are precious and sweet and always happy to see you...it's just an unconditional love that they have. I did give Rookie a dog biscuit with a candle in it for his birthday, but we've never really stooped to the level of throwing them parties.....I guess there is a first time for everything! Really, it needs no more explanation....here is the photographic proof.

The birthday boy with his party hat, Maggie with her tiara and Rookie with his "Happy Birthday" sign. Look closely and you will see the moon pie with the "1" candle, the stuffed animal party favors, their dog biscuits and the balloons that my DAD blew up for the occasion!! That's the great part because we can't just commit my mom. Dad has to go too!

Jake reveling in the joy of "his" day. I hope you can see that his party hat says "Birthday Boy". Ay-Yi-Yi!!

6 comments:

Emily C. said...

omg... there are no words...

katie newton said...

oh.my.gosh.

kristin fulghum said...

wow. definitely laughed out loud at that one.

Katrina said...

I am not a pet person...so wow. just wow.

Kristen said...

Completely insane.

Laura said...

I am cracking up!! I mean..I love my dogs...and they are family...but never had a party! Your parents are the cutest!!