Monday, September 8, 2008

M.I.A.

Well, well, well. Look who's back in the land of the living. Or at least the land of Internet and cable TV! That's right folks, take away my TV and Internet and I am lost. I've spent the last week wondering if they found little Caylee, where Ike will make landfall, what Brit Brit's comeback at the VMA's would be like and a host of other things that only today's technology can tell us in a nano-second.

As for where I've been (because I'm sure you've missed me)...we've been moving. That's right, into our home sweet home! But in order to do so, we had to move out from the THIRD FLOOR. Third floor=misery while moving. I spent what would be equivalent to 3 full days on the StairMaster. Miserable. And, I'm not sure what we were thinking when we decided to move in August....in Texas! Can you say H-O-T! Really I guess it was the first week of September, but August just sounds hotter and I wanted you to feel our pain.

In all, the move went well with no major bumps in the road. Mom and dad helped a ton (and it was dad's week off of work! How nice to spend it with us!) and for that, I'm grateful. I can't wait until you all pop in! Our door is always open.

In the midst of moving, we took Thursday night to play in our church softball game. Remember the pics from week one? Remember how I said we lost, but according to my fortune cookie "Once we learned to lose we would win"? Well, apparently we still haven't learned to lose because we still haven't won.....but, this week we did hold our opponent to under 20 runs!! Way to go defense! Unfortunately, this week my leg played a little bit of defense and I was PEGGED with a line drive while playing 3rd base. Let me tell you, I cried. There may be no crying in baseball, but there sure was crying in Austin Rec League softball! I am not sure I have ever felt physical pain like that before. I will show you a picture, but, it does my battle wound no justice! I think Taylor enjoyed watching me wretch in pain as he "rubbed out" the knot on my calf with a baseball.


"Hi, Austin Rec League? It's me, Tiffany. Could you please tell homeboy that plays in the competitive league not to come 'take a few practice cuts' against the poor souls in the novice league! Thanks!"

Special thanks to mom (playing 1st base) for letting him know it was inappropriate to hit girls. :) Thanks ma!

XOXO,
T-Rog

No comments: