Bradley (because I can't keep up the charade of calling her Allison) made some crazy crawfish stuff that everyone loved (you guys know I don't eat this stuff...) and she really outdid herself with a homemade King Cake that was SO stinkin' good! And because she forgot the baby, she gets to do it again next year. :)
We had so much fun and we were all glued to the game. Lots of times I don't really care who is in the Super Bowl, but this year I was really interested in the game. I watched the entire game, National Anthem to final interview and I have a few observations...
- Carrie Underwood....y'all, I LOVE her and I was so excited she was going to do the National Anthem. And then she walked on stage and I threw up a little bit in my mouth. What in the world was she wearing?? All white and those crazy white heels....it was brutal and so was her hair. And her last note...oh my word...we all cringed and were so happy when the stadium started cheering and yelling because it drowned her out. I was just really confused because she's normally A-MAZE-ING...clothes, voice everything. It was an off night for sure.
- Commercials...so not funny. There was the one Doritos' commercial with the little boy telling off his mom's date and then, of course, the ETrade commercials were funny. Other than that, it was just lacking this year.
- The Who at Halftime...BORING. We vote Beyonce or Justin Timberlake for 2011. As Ryan said, "I think josh Groban would have been more entertaining."
- The Colts coach...my new all-time favorite! What a class act!!
- And the best part of the night is that the entire room chipped in to help me "punch out" and stuff my 1,500 name tags for conference. LIFE SAVERS! The boys were thrilled! ha ha. It was like I was running a sweat shop...but with Miller Light and King Cake...
And then...my favorite part of the night....
It was at this point that my ovaries started burning....
I mean....are you kidding me? Adorable and priceless moment doesn't even begin to cover it. I'm so happy for Drew Brees, the New Orleans Saints, and the entire city of New Orleans. Enjoy your moment!
I hope you all had fun last night no matter where you were or who you were cheering for! A special thank you to those of you who participated in my "Super Hostess" Giveaway. You all gave me some great ideas and some great recipes. Thank you! I entered everyone into a random drawing using Random.Org and the winner was entry #1! Sandra from Celebrate Everyday! Sandra, e-mail me at email@example.com to give me your address so I can send you your goodies!
True Random Number ServiceRandom Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2010-02-08 16:04:08 UTC