Monday, June 15, 2009

Beachy Keen....

How would you like to wake up to this every morning??

Sunrise at 6:30am....

About 7:30am....

I'm sorry I've been gone! Actually, I'm not. I can't lie to you...not now...not after all we've been through! I seriously spent the last 3 days thinking of all of the people that live on the lake or the Ocean, or have some amazing, breathtaking view where they can wake up and just be excited to be alive each day. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited to wake up and take breath, but this....man, it's just amazing. I was in Hollywood, Florida for work Thursday-Sunday and the sunrises weren't too shabby. Dave had vacation time so he decided that the 5 diamond golf course on property was calling his name. I was so glad that he was able to go with me. Unfortunately, we didn't get to spend a lot of time together because I was mostly business and he was ALL pleasure, but I have no complaints. Work might be a lot easier if you knew there was an Oceanside cocktail at the end of the day!

The amazing view from our room

The one hour the pale kids could spend at the pool.... :)

In other news, there was a top performers meeting for Verizon going on at our same resort. On Friday night they were having a huge party and had rented out the entire pool area for their private party. We were standing out on the balcony of our room watching the band doing their sound check and the hotel crew put up party lights all over any palm tree in the vicinity and I started singing along with the band. I thought, man, this is a pretty good cover band! No, no! I was in fact singing right along with Miss Gloria Estefan herself! Unfortunately I didn't find that out until the next morning...bummer man! Verizon gets to have Gloria Estefan and I just get to have the cheesy Austin Powers DJ......Ah budgets....

4 comments:

Jill said...

What wonderful photos! I so agree with you and the great sunrises and sunsets at the beach (and the drinks!). Guess VERIZON ain't feeling the recession much, huh? :o)

Chic Runner said...

So pretty! I am for sure jealous. That beach looks stunning!

Ryan K said...

LOOKS WONDERFUL! :)

You were about 2 hours away from me! :)

Aisha said...

Oh my God, I am such a huuuuuuge Gloria Estefan fan, your story made me feel so jealous!

Nice hotel too :))