Monday, June 2, 2014

Bless Their Hearts...

My family makes fun of me for the constant picture taking. They say, "Bless their hearts. It's such a shame they never have their picture taken!" I'm sure I won't take photos every time they go to the park or each time they go for a swim, but I can't help that every day I think they are just a little bit bigger and I don't want to miss it. I would say, "I just want to bottle them up" but I'm not sure that I do. I do, but I don't.  

They were so precious and snuggly as babies. I adored the snuggles, their angelic expressions, their sweet smells...I could have held them and rocked them forever. I just wanted to bottle them up, but if I had bottled them up I would have missed what came next. Learning to smile, giggling, learning to clap, "Momma" (MELT), crawling, crawling as fast as they can- giggling with excitement- when they just want to get to you as fast as they can, slobbery kisses, tickle fests, their precious voices in constant babble, watching them reach out for each other's hands crib to crib...Everyday my heart is overwhelmed. I can't bottle it now because I might miss what comes next but I sure wish I could record the moments that I never want to escape memory. 

Those memories just happen to be picnics at the park. Swinging with Zsa Zsa and Nana. Giggling with two people who I love more than anything. Who have shaped me, taught me, and selflessly and unconditionally loved me for 33 years. It is now the greatest privilege to watch my kids light up when they walk into the room. I'm thankful that on a random weekday they'd find no greater joy than to picnic on a beach towel with two deedle bugs at the neighborhood park. 



I'm looking forward to a summer filled with picnics...


Peek-A-Boo....



Giggles and swinging...



Kisses...



And relaxing in momma's lap...


Bless their hearts. It's a shame they aren't loved more!

3 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Precious Deedles!

Sara McCarty said...

I love this. I know what you mean about wanting to bottle them up, but not. Every stage is so much fun. Exhausting and challenging in all new ways, but wonderful and fun. I love that Mac's so little, but I can't wait to see what's next. I'm so excited for Mim to get here so we can do it all over again!

Unknown said...

This is something I am having trouble with, she is growing so fast and I feel like her being a little baby is slipping through my fingers! In my family we say "I'm going to put a brick on your head" which I want to do everyday with Charley but everyone assures me (just as you have done) that every stage is just as good as the previous in its own way!