Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Laundry Room Re-Do...

This is definitely the most domestic post I'll write all year. It doesn't get much more exciting than cleaning up your laundry room! You're not gonna see this one on pinterest because it's nothing fancy, but it's made my life easier. My budget was $50 and I spent $55. Here she is...


As you can see, it was a DISASTER! It had become my catch-all for items that didn't have a home. Craft supplies, extra batteries and light bulbs, my gift wrapping items, extra blankets and towels, and general laundry supplies. My organization was top notch. EEK!


But a trip to IKEA, about 4 hours worth of work, a LOT of trash, and a few nails later...


I never DREAMED I would end up with unused shelf space! The only things I took out were lots of shopping bags that I always kept thinking I would re-use. And I wasn't re-using them as fast as I was collecting them! I hung my ironing board to make room, bought those buckets at IKEA for $6 each to store light bulbs, batteries, my crafting supplies, wrapping supplies, etc. 




Not only is it so much neater but I can actually find things now. It's a room in your house that no one ever sees except you, so it tends to be the last room you really care about, but for $55 I am thrilled with this re-do. It's given me some of my sanity back! I found that bulletin board at Home Goods and decided to hang it in the laundry room for fun. It's a spot that I can add a few photos or quotes. I spend lots of time in there so it's nice to see some smiling faces. :) 

The guest room is next on my re-do list....iy-yi-yi!!

5 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Good work! Doesn't it feel good to tackle a space like that? I hit up my closet this weekend and it feels good to look at it now!

Sarah O said...

I love your organized gift wraps stuff. I really need to do this in my house.

Lauren said...

That looks amazing! We have two cabinets in our laundry room and I almost wish they were open shelves so I had more storage room!

~Momma to Twin Girls~ said...

I LOVE it!!!! Now I know what my weekend project is ;)

Colleen Sullivan said...

It looks great! What an improvement a few boxes can make huh? Honestly, organizing is an on going project that I am always working on. I wish I had a laundry room to organize, but our wash & dryer are in the garage -- seems pretty common here in Ca. I have been putting off organizing our personal files for, like, a year! Can't wait to see your guest room!