Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Absolutely Crazy...

It's absolutely crazy how different life can be in 365 days. Last year we were hopping all over California having a grand ol' time. We were also mourning 3 years of failed attempts at getting pregnant and asking God for a miracle. This year, only separated by 365 days, we're rocking babies to sleep.

I had the absolute time of my life drinking wine in Napa, cruising Highway 1 seeing God's breathtaking creation, spending the day at Pebble Beach watching Dave and Dad enjoy a once in a lifetime experience, cruising the San Francisco Bay watching the fog roll in, watching Taylor chase his dreams...It's amazing how many wonderful things were wrapped into that trip.











As good as it was, that was simultaneously the lowest point in my life. I had just lost my Papa and we had found out once again that were were not pregnant.

Thankfully, my time of grief led me straight to the capable arms of Christ. (This post was written during that time.) God showed me the blessings that surrounded me. The wonderful time of travel and enjoyment with Dave. Time of growth and maturity for our marriage. Time where God was preparing us for the journey He had planned. Not the one we had planned.

I had moments of appreciation for our life at that point but I also had moments where my foot would slip. Satan would take those opportunities to make me discontent. Keep me so focused on what I didn't have that it was hard to cherish all that I did have.

Thank you, God, for your hand of provision in my life. You have showered me with blessings beyond my imagination. Thank you for the years of heartache because they allow me to relish the magnitude of your blessing. Thank you for the years with Dave because they allow me to appreciate the incredible qualities of the mate you have blessed me with. And thank you for the opportunity to "do" and "see" a few things over the last few years. I'm not sure when we'll get to get back out and "do" and "see" because our hands are a little full.







Thank you, Jesus.

5 comments:

Sara McCarty said...

Amen. I'm so happy that all your prayers have finally been answered and your hands, your heart and your home are full of babies! You are you wonderfully blessed. Couldn't have happened to a more deserving person! :) Love you!

Lauren said...

oh what a difference a year can make! beautiful post my friend, God certainly does have some crazy timing in store for all of us...thank God for his answered prayers, even when they don't follow the time table we would like!

Amanda Reed said...

I recognize that tasting room at Robert Mondavi! We were just there in May. :) So happy for you guys!

katie@tulsadetails said...

So, so sweet! Amazing what a diffirence a year makes. :) Looks like hug guys are doing great!

Charcuterie Recipes said...

Appreciatee you blogging this