Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sandy = 1 My NYC Vacation = 0

Did y'all know that at this very moment I was supposed to be having lunch somewhere wonderful- like pumpkin waffles with cinnamon-apple butter at Penelope. Or I could even be building my own biscuit at Peels. But alas, I'm eating a PB&J sandwich at my desk. And it's all thanks to that total B, Sandy. 

My flight was scheduled to leave at 6am yesterday and we all know that didn't happen. No power, no subways, no food...basically total destruction. As bummed as I am that I couldn't go to my beloved NYC, and visit my sweet friends, and eat delicious food, and sing every song during Newsies (Yes, tonight I was supposed to be seizing the day...total toby!), I am just praising God that my sister-in-law, Kate and my sweet friend, Sarah are alive and well! And by well I mean completely displaced and holed up in Brooklyn with many of their closest friends in the closest of quarters...but they have found power! 

Power is completely out in Kate and Sarah's neighborhoods and there is no telling when it will be restored. It's just a mad house. So, thank you Lord for keeping them safe. And prayers with all of those who have been deeply and tragically affected by this terrible storm. Here are a few pics from Kate's neighborhood...





Night...with no power....in Manhattan....straight spooky and straight Gotham City, am I right?

4 comments:

Shelley Lenay said...

Holy cow, that is crazy! I am glad your loved ones are safe.

henning love said...

oh my gosh those photos what a storm!! what a mess and sad to see how much destruction one storm can do! yes very spooky gotham city for sure. stay safe where you are!

Vanessa said...

Wow, those pictures are crazy. I am sad to hear your fun trip was canceled but I am so glad that your loved ones are safe!

Seattle Vacation Rentals said...

Wow! You're so lucky for bumpin' with Sandy. lol. Hope next time you visit NYC weather is good.