Thursday, November 17, 2011

Confessions...

I'm currently in survival mode. I have been running between work, doctor's appointments, Bible study, weekend activities with friends and family, etc, etc. While it's all fun, it doesn't leave much time for gourmet Pinterest meals, wreaths made of burlap and pine cones and perfectly side braided hair....What it does leave time for is ordering a pizza (wife/cook of the year), laundry piling up (we'll just buy new underwear) and an unmade bed just about every morning (yes mom, I know that's your pet peeve and you raised me better than that). Hi. I'm Tiffany...These are my confessions...

~ I'm a really good lip reader. Anytime coaches start yelling on the sideline I get the, "What did he just say??" Most of those words aren't proper for mixed company. It also came in handy during the William and Kate wedding. I must have rewound the TV 10 times to get it all just right.

~ I don't eat anything out of the water. Ew, ew and ew!! I've tried it all...from fried catfish to high end lobster tail. It all gives me the heebie-jeebies.

~ I (apparently) have little ears. We were driving one day and Dave looked over and said, "if you had an Indian name it would be 'Little Ears'".

~ I put up 4 large Christmas trees and 2 small trees. My house is currently a disaster because I pulled everything out to get started and I haven't had any time.

~ One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is getting cards from friends and family! I absolutely love seeing photos of their families and I display them for the entire season.

~ I'm a mother hen. I'm the oldest of 3 and I've always had the "mothering" personality of the group. In college, I would volunteer to the be the designated driver just to make sure it was covered and we all got home safely.

~ I'm totally ADD. Self diagnosed of course. I am great with the dreams and ideas but terrible with the details and follow-through.


~ I hate checking voice mails. When the 1, or 2...or 6 sits there on the front screen of my phone it drives me crazy! But not crazy enough to make me check my voice mails...


~ And finally, if this isn't a great party trick I don't know what is...I know all of the words to We Didn't Start the Fire.


And there you have it folks. Thursday confessions.

18 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Excellent confessions!! Can't wait to see your fun holiday decor. The card tree is just beautiful!!

Christine said...

oh my gosh! I love your Christmas Card display! I'm totally going to copy your idea! :)

Natasha said...

lady, i am impressed with how much it looks like you've gotten done so far...i want my trees up now!

Lisa said...

wow, 6 trees?! I have a hard time with just one... way to go!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love the way you display your Christmas cards. I just pinned the picture!

Mrs. S said...

I want to do my Christmas cards like yours this year!! love that idea!

Kate said...

I am just going to say we are pretty much on the same page about 90% of those things. (I haven't caught up with you on the Christmas trees, but I love that. Maybe one day).

This is a crazy time of year and know you aren't alone! Love your posts.

Hope you get some time to breathe soon. I hope I do too! :)

Lauren said...

love this post! and can I say I'm feeling overwhelmed with just our 1 tree this year...

Emily said...

Great confessions! I love the way your hang the cards you get! I also hate checking voicemails...luckily the iphone makes it easy to check or delete!

Sara McCarty said...

You already have your tree(s) up?! For real, you are my hero. We'll be lucky if we can get ours up by Easter. And I love all your Christmas cards - what a great way to display them all.

Sunkissed and Southern said...

your blog is just soo cute. love it. where did you get your wrapping paper under that tree? its very pottery barnish & preppy!

Elicia said...

No sea creatures here either my friend. :) Love your card display!!

Suburban Princess said...

Love! I cant remember the last time I made a meal!

I hate checking voice mails too. I've told people not to bother leaving them orrrrr to leave every single detail in them. Most are just stupid like 'Yeah it's me, call me back' ugh.

melissa said...

I love the Christmas cards displayed on the branches. So beautiful! And I'm so impressed that you're working on your trees. We do a real tree (just one) so we can't get a jump start - no trees yet. Can't wait though!

Catie said...

I love Christmas cards too!! No matter how big email gets, I still want real mail.

Savannah said...

Love your confessions and could confess so many of the same things. Christmas cards are my favorite, I'm usually a mother hen, HATE checking voicemails and self-diagnosed ADD. Thanks for making me feel normal. :) Have a fabulous weekend!

Vanessa said...

I love doing confession posts, they are so fun!

& I LOVE the way you display your Christmas cards! It is such an adorable idea! I love sending and receiving Christmas cards. Something about receiving mail in the mailbox makes my day Speaking of, I really need to pick my Christmas card for this year. It is such a hard thing to do!

Kat said...

The Christmas cards, especially the photo ones, are my fav too! And omg 6 trees?! I haven't even gotten around to put up our one!