Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Here there and everywhere...

Some people post with one topic in mind. They stay on task, they expand on the topic at hand and there is a clear thought process...I'm not that girl. My life has been all over the map so I figured this post should be a clear representation of that dysfunction.

I'd like to tell you that I've been on some glorious beach vacation like all of the show-offs on my facebook feed, but alas, I've been living the dream in the A-TX. I've been filling my time with the likes of the bachelorette finale and an interesting Zumba class that had a man resembling Steve Martin and wearing Sperry's standing just to the right of me. I wish I could tell you that was the craziest part....

I also made this amazing salsa the other night and have eaten it in some fashion with my last 3 meals. I made black bean tacos, a salad with corn, black beans and avocado using it as the dressing and for the sake of using my leftovers I had more salad for lunch today. I will say by the end of my salad today my lips were numb....the jalapenos are officially fermented! I used this recipe from The Pioneer Woman and it is easy, easy and very yummy!

Last night when I got ready for bed, I rounded the corner and someone was in my spot. He literally thinks he is a human. He was laying on his back, head on my pillow, just staring at me. I guess I was cramping his style by asking him to move!

My sister made my day yesterday with this gem. I think we could all use a little more Journey in our life.

Is everyone as ready for football season as I am?? I mean, what is better than fall? If you answered "nothing" you would be correct. I am SO excited because I get to be a guest at the Gridiron Luncheon tomorrow to kickoff the Longhorn's football season! Head coach Mack Brown, and coaches Greg Davis and Will Muschamp will be speaking and I.am.hyped!

In the event of getting you hyped for football season, and at the risk of pulling a total "butterfly kisses" moment, you really have to watch this video. I couldn't figure out how to embedd it here, so you'll just have to go to the website. But it makes me excited for football season, it takes me back to high school for sure, and it kind of makes me want to go home and watch Friday Night Light. Clear eyes, full hearts...Can't lose.

Ready...break!

10 comments:

kristin fulghum said...

oh man, we love friday night lights in this house!

Vanessa said...

Your dog is SO cute! My cat does that, curling up in my spot in bed, under the covers on her back. So silly.

Mmm that salsa looks good! Pioneer Woman can do no wrong in my eyes. She's amazing!

& I love the google image. It just made my day!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I LOVE salsa. I need to try her recipe. Dogs are so funny! Our little guy does things like that all the time and it just amuses us so much.

Mrs. Buck said...

That google maps pic is awesome! I love love love that song. Journey is the best

highheeledlife said...

I'm so getting on that train with you!!! LOL... I loved the picture with your Furbaby - in bed. Our little Dolce thinks he is human too!
After having his wash up at night - heads straight for the bed - and when asked to move over he gives you the "how much space do you need?" look... must be the Yorkie way... cheers, HHL

Melissa said...

I make Pioneer Woman's salsa all the time! We love it around here!!

Caitrin said...

that salsa recipe looked so good I had to go print it for myself! I cant wait to try it- thanks for sharing!

Mrs. S said...

I'm def gona have to try PW's salsa!

Kat said...

omg just like my yorkie! hahaha! He actually prefers to sleep with his head on the pillow and under a blanket.

Lauren said...

OH we just watched last week's FNL last night...seriously love that show!

And love your fur-baby on your pillow...so precious!