Monday, November 23, 2009

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words...

Thank goodness, because for once in my life I'm going to let my words be few and let the pictures do the talkin'. :)

Friday night Dave and I had a fun, fabulous and exciting dinner with friends. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture! I do count it as one of many blessings that we have really great couple friends that we can have fun with. Bradley and Lynch (yes, it sounds like locker room chatter but they are both Allison's) are two of my best friends and I am so glad that our husbands hang out and get along so well. Golf, cookouts, football games...it's always fun. Friday night was no exception!

Saturday we got up and decided to take breakfast over to my parent's and hear about my brother's trip to San Fransisco and his "story time" with THE Willie Mays. I'm so proud of him and what he is doing and it is so fun to hear of his experiences. Here is a picture he sent me during his week.
After breakfast bonding with the fam I started on this project....
And I am so excited to say that I have a couple of my trees up and I only have one more to go!! (But it's the grandaddy of them all and it's going to take me forever. Anyone a lover of stringing lights and a giver of your time and energy??) I am definitely getting into the holiday spirit! I can't wait until everything is out and my house doesn't look like a tornado blew threw it!!

Yesterday we celebrated Nana's birthday! We ended up bailing on Moonshine because there were 120 people in front of us on the wait list!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?? We wouldn't have eaten until 2:00pm and as my dad says, "That dog ain't gonna hunt!" We had hungry bellies and not even green chile cheese grits were worth that kind of a wait. Our mulligan was Pappadeux's and it was great. Happiest of Birthday's to my Nana! It's always fun when you can milk it for a week, right Teeny? ;)
Finally, last night we went to see The Blindside. I.LOVED.IT. I had no idea of Michael Oher's story until the movie came out. And I didn't know the details until I saw the movie. What an amazing man he is! And thank God for bringing him into the lives of a family willing to give him a home, a hope and a change to succeed. He surely did that. What a truly wonderful and inspiring story! Take your entire family to see this movie over the Thanksgiving holiday! It certainly opened my eyes to the abundance of things I have to be thankful for and the opportunity I have to show Christ's love to others. Go see it! (Ps...this is a photo they showed at the end of the movie of the real Michael Oher and his adoptive mother and father)
UM...I STILL used too many words!! Sorry. :)

6 comments:

Emily Elizabeth said...

I loooooved the movie The Blindside too!

One of Sandra's best! She better win an award for sure

Unknown said...

I want to see that movie sooo bad! So glad you liked it! Loved all of the pictures too!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the movie. It looks so good! Great pictures! Happy Thanksgiving!

mrs.mfc said...

Decorations are looking great so far!! I am certainly not a fan of stringing lights. My main tree is pre-lit thank goodness!! I only had to put lights on our smaller tree.. and the husband does all outdoor lights.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jules said...

I LOVE your tree!! We put ours up this weekend, but I feel the need to go out and buy a WHOLE lot of ornaments... Ours is looking a little bare!
So, how many trees do you put up a year?!

Kristy said...

Thanks for your comment! I love meeting new bloggy buddies! =)

Your tree is so pretty! How many do you put up? We do one big one and one in the playroom. (And that's all I manage! lol)