Sunday, January 6, 2013

I Still Do.

Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. I won't pretend like this is "forever" as only a few (13) days earlier would have been my Nana and Papa's 60th wedding anniversary! However, I do appreciate the beauty of our 6 years, and I am so thankful that on that overcast Saturday 6 years ago I said "I do" to this wonderful man. 

He way leave his "pocket vomit" on the counter every.single.day., and he may put his cold feet on me when I'm warm in the bed (that's only allowed when I do it!!!), and he may leave his peanut butter knife in a cup of water in the sink (sick, sick, sick!!)... 

But he also fills my car up with gas every Sunday before I start the week, helps me with the dishes every night, bathes Rookie because he knows I hate to do it, and he always leaves a light on on my side of the bed if I come to bed after him for any reason. 

Year number 6 was a tough one for us. We had some emotional lows and I am just so thankful that God gave me him as my "help mate". His strength and constant level-headed-ness (It's my blog post, just go with it) is what provided much comfort for me during some trying times. We prayed that God would reveal Himself to us, provide the comfort and peace we needed, and ultimately, reveal His plan for our future and our family. 

After years of questions we received the most amazing answer. I am so thankful, so blessed, and so honored that this man is going to be my baby daddy :) Here's to everything year #7 has in store!






I love you to the moon and back! 

"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
 ~ Proverbs 27:17

10 comments:

Carlie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lilly said...

Hope you have a great one!

the walton five said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful post!

KatiePerk said...

Cheers friend!! Happy Anniversary! I think #7 is going to be amazing!!

Liz said...

Love y'all so much! Happy Anniversary friends. :) XOXOXO

Maggie said...

Happy Anniversary and Congratulations on your big news! I wish you all the best!

Sara McCarty said...

Happy anniversary to one of the cutest couples out there!! What a year you guys have had. I know year #7 will be absolutely amazing for you and your family! Love!

Unknown said...

Many blessings on year number 7!

And you look gorgeous in that coral color!!!

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! Wishing you many more :)

Lindsey said...

Happy Anniversary! I love this post. Your words ring so true. Lucky #7 will be the best year yet! (It has been for us. :))