I briefly mentioned in my "confessions" post that one of my favorite things about the Christmas season is getting cards from friends and family. I have always loved getting mail. I check it everyday and when I get an actual card or personal piece of mail that isn't a catalog or a bill it makes my heart so happy!
Lately, it seems that my personal mail comes in the form of baby announcements or moving announcements, but the joy of the holiday season is Christmas cards! I always have fun ordering my cards. Picking out something I really love, choosing a verse we'd like to share, and of course, finding the photo that does the best job of hiding my double chin. Thus far I have had luck with the former but not the later!
I shared with you all that I display my cards throughout the holidays on my Christmas card tree. I have had a few emails asking exactly how I make it, so I figured I would share! It couldn't be easier.
- Walk out into your back yard or front yard and pick out a couple of branches off of your tree. I picked some that spread out widely but had several branches off of the thicker limb.
- Grab a vase and fill it with green peas, coffee beans, rice, whatever color scheme you want to go with, but something that can hold the branches upright (*I had a vase so the entire project only cost about $5
- Stick your branches in your vase and I add a bow for good measure
- Get ribbon and beads- I use 1/4 inch ribbon in red and green (again, whatever colors you want) and tiny wooden beads
- As you get your Christmas cards from friends and family, punch a hole in the top, string your ribbon through, drop your bead on there to weigh it down and allow it to hang correctly. Tie a knot allowing it to hang as long or as short as you want it to.
- Arrange your cards on your tree & enjoy throughout the holidays!
My branches are set up and ready, so order your Christmas cards and send me one!! You'll make my day!