Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Alive and Well! Well....I'm Alive.

At the risk of stating the absolute obvious, the blog has been neglected lately. I never intended for it to happen. We just grew apart for a few weeks. I needed some space. I was dealing with the flu, a sinus infection, helping throw a baby shower, 2 surprise parties, and the grandaddy of them all....my conference is in 9 days.

For the last 5 days I have been struggling to stay awake let alone spend time making my head hurt worse by thinking of something to blog about. I have about 300 unread blog posts in my Google Reader...it's a bit overwhelming. But today I feel rejuvenated...

Today marks the first day I feel almost well. Today my sister comes into town. And today....today is OPENING DAY! Bring on college baseball baby! Tomorrow, barring total absense of my sinus infection, Kristen and I will be enjoying a double header here:
We've spent many, many, many a day (and night) at the ball fields. I love everything about a day at the park, and It always makes me think of my very favorite ball player...

Who in 13 days will be doing what he does best...

Yes, my friends....it's baseball season!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains. Think about that for a while." ~Ebby Calvin LaLoosh

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm definitely ready for baseball season...but it needs to warm up a bit here first!

Elicia said...

I have missed your posts! It is definitely baseball weather here too.

Adkins Fam said...

LOVE it....love me some baseball!! I miss my Rangers :-/

melissa said...

Good to hear from you & glad all is well!

So cool that your brother plays for the Giants! I was born in SF and my dad took me to games growing up so I've been a life-long Giants fan. I wish Orlando had a baseball team. The Rays are just an hour and a half down the road but to me, it doesn't feel much like baseball when you watch it inside a dome. I want to eat a hot dog and drink a cold beer in the sunshine! Still, I'm glad it's almost baseball time!

Hope you have a great weekend!