Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Obsessed Much??

YES! Why yes, I am!

All photos AP Credit or Google Images

I cannot get enough of this Prince William- Kate Middleton engagement madness. They've got me hook line and sinker. All I can say is, I wanna be Kate when I grow up!

I love them as a couple (spoken as though we are BFF and have dinner parties every Friday night...), I think she is precious, but not overly perfect...which is so refreshing. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be cuddled up on the couch, hot chocolate in hand for tonight's "Royal Engagement" special on ABC!

I am so in love with her ring and I think it is so special that he gave her Princess Diana's ring. What an honor for her to have such a treasure and how precious that William was able to give her a piece of his mother. Y'all, I'm puddy...

And seriously, she found that gorgeous navy dress to compliment the ring...swoon!

I loved Princess Di. Of course, I was fairly young while she was in her prime, but I feel like I grew up "knowing her". She was the Princess of Wales for sobbing out loud. She was gorgeous, a style icon and always so classy.
I think Kate will continue that tradition of class and style and it will be interesting to see her in the royal spotlight as they begin their family.
So, the party date is set. July 8th, 2011! Come on over in all of your wedding party glory. Put on your favorite bridesmaid dress (and by favorite I mean one that still fits...) and we'll have a royal wedding celebration!

21 comments:

LC said...

I'm loving all this too! I didn't know there was a special on tonight...I'll have to set my DVR:) Love her ring...I about burst into tears when I heard it was Princess Diana's ring...so sweet!

Rebekah said...

So fun! She seems so sweet and she carries herself well. I think it's a great honor to his mom that she is wearing her ring. It's s great way to remember her. I too, didn't know about the special! I'll have to watch!

Amber said...

Me too! I love it all and I keep looking at the pictures over and over. I got all teary when I saw he'd given Kate his mother's ring. How very sweet and special. I am so excited for the wedding!!

Crown + Castle said...

Girl I am right there with you! Love these two!! I love Kate's style and she is so laid back and comfortable. I've already set my DVR for tonight's special!

Sara McCarty said...

I'm totally obsessed with this too! I cannot wait to have a wedding watch party at my house, with crumpets and tea and big hats and cucumber sandwhiches!! Is it July yet??!!

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you! Stunning and classy! Plus, they are getting married on the same day we did-July 8the-it's a fabulous day! :) Have a blessed day! xoxo

Mrs. Dirnberger said...

Thanks for stopping by!!!
I was OBSESSED with charles and Diana but I haven't gotten into the "soon to be newlyweds". maybe I should start reading

Suburban Princess said...

I didn't think I was excited but I realised I really am! I cant wait to see all the wedding gear they churn out in the UK!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I loooove that you are obsessed! Because I am too! Haha! I need a life!

gv said...

I'm bummed because I was totally in love with William when I was younger but I guess it's time to move on...

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

I'm excited too! My mother got up in the middle of the night to watch Charles and Diana get married and I hope I have the chance to do the same.

Jessica said...

I vote for a reality show!

Mateya said...

Haha I love all the hype too! So fun! I really hope the wedding is on TV!!!!!

Jamie said...

Great post :) I just love them together and love that she has Diana's ring!

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

ohmeohmy Im way obsessed too. I was so mad I missed the TLC special a week or so ago so Im glad to hear theres a new one now that its official! YAY!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

Kate IS beautiful... and I didn't know that about the ring!! How sweet!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited too! I love how he gave her Diana's ring! Now I want a sapphire :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Yep, this Ozark Farm Chick adores all the pomp and glamor. I do pray that the couple are truly in-love and Kate isn't just breedin' stock lead to slaughter in the way Di was.

Oh baby, I could sport a ring like that on my finger!!! :o)

The party sounds like a hoot and a half...I hadn't realized they'd set the date.

From the beautiful hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day!!! :o)

tootie said...

I know - I love her style! So classy and pretty. I can't wait to see the wedding!! :)

Vanessa said...

They've had me hooked from the start! I cannot wait for the royal wedding!!

Becoming Prep said...

Kate is absolutely stunning including her ring!
If anyone is interested check out my blog on "Becoming Prep". Please subscribe to give advice and comments!