Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Fun Day...

I am really weird. And this comes as no surprise to my close friends, yet it will still stir up fierce emotions in them and for that I say, "I can't help it...I was born this way."


I am a proud graduate of Texas A&M University. I loved my time in Aggieland, my lifelong best friends were made there, I had 4 amazing years there...but those 4 years somehow couldn't undo my upbringing. I was raised a longhorn. I know, I know...


The truth is, I was raised on Longhorn football. Our summer trips were spent in Austin walking the campus, bowling in the student union and taking photos on the field of Darrell K. Royal Memorial Stadium. I spent many an early October weekend wearing my orange and cheering for the Good Guys during the Texas/ou games. When the Longhorns win it brings me great joy. When they do not, I choose food to cope with my emotions.


Let's be honest, they play at the Cotton Bowl...which is on the fair grounds of the State Fair of Texas. So win or lose, I choose food to cope with my emotions!


This weekend I'll be in Dallas, wearing orange, cheering for the good guys, and I won't count calories. And I am beyond excited about it.


Come early, be loud, stay late, wear orange! ~ Mack Brown


Hook'Em!



All images above via Google Images Credit: photos 1, 2, 3, 4, 5


And let's not forget...across town, my Texas Rangers will be playing in game 1 of the ALCS against the Tigers. Maybe it will be a weekend of #WINNING!

9 comments:

Rebekah said...

You are so funny. I'm not big on football at all. It's just not for me, but I hope we can still be friends even though we're an OU house! :)

Mrs. S said...

Even though I live in Big Orange Country. My Hubs is from Texas and I do like the longhorns and may or may not have thought Colt McCoy was a cutie!

Lauren said...

how fun! I'm sure it will be a fabulous weekend for you!

Stephanie said...

I'm a Tigers fan! :)

Kimberly said...

Hook 'Em! My husband went to UT and we have been going to all the games. So fun. We were going to go to the Texas vs. Oklahoma game, but decided to host a party instead. Enjoy the fried food for me!!!

Laura said...

I'm kind of the same way--an Ole Miss Rebel because I spent 5 years there but grew up a die-hard Georgia Bulldawg. My ideal game is when the Dawgs play the Rebels..it's a win/win!

All Things Yummy said...

My sister in-law went to Texas so she'll be there in her Longhorns gear. Have fun!

Emily said...

I didn't realize you were an Aggie too! I'm class of '02.

{And I will just pretend I didn't read this. ;)}

Jax said...

I live in Oklahoma...but I was cheering for Texas... Shh... don't tell anyone.. ;) XOXO!